Over the weekend on Sunday it was raining but I was craving something sweet. Strawberry and chocolate sweet!
I’d saved a recipe (I can’t remember what website it was on because I’d saved the ingredients and “how-to” in my phone notes) and wanted to give it a try for a few months now.
I love the combination of strawberries and chocolate.
I dipped the left over strawberries in chocolate to save as an extra treat.
The boxes held up well, we’re tasty, and worked out perfect in the fridge.
I like that this recipe is so verities because you can add any kind of add in you’d like, some suggestions are peanuts, almonds, strawberry jam, caramel, you name it! Whatever you like in your chocolate will be tasty.
The recipe was a hit as the guy I’m seeing has taken one to work with him to work this week and has asked to take the others for the rest of the week.
I did learn a few tricks. I used a huge ice tray for this one. It was tricky because i had to make sure the sides were coated enough which left a lot of chocolate at the top.
The thick chocolate on top makes these yummies a little hard to crack open but not impossible. My tip is to make sure the bottom is lightly coated.
Another thing is with the ice tray and with the chocolate hardened I couldn’t really “twist” the chocolates loose.
I used a butter knife to loose the edges that were back to back and popped them out of the silicon tray.
- 2 cups Melted chocolate Your choice of dark, milk or white
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments and use a paintbrush to paint chocolate in each cavity of an ice cube tray. Freeze this tray for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and fill it with your choice of add-ins.
- Pour spoonfuls of chocolate on top of your add-ins and freeze this tray again for another 20 minutes.
- Turn the tray onto a sheet of wax paper and tap it a bit until the chocolate cubes come out. And you are done.
So easy! I was surprised as of how fast everything went. In almost an hour these beauties were ready to eat.
I will be making these again with a few tweaks to see if I can get a good too layer.
what’s your favorite chocolate recipe?? I’d love to give it a try, leave the link in the comments or send me an email with the recipe I’d love to hear from y’all.