Today is the first day of the new year, the first day for new beginnings, the first day for those resolutions.
I don’t really stick to resolutions, I don’t know why really. Goals, goals I can stick to, I guess I just trust that word more than resolutions.
Why do we need goals?
Goals are a way to keep us focused although sometimes we get distracted, goals help to bring us back to the now and keep us pushing forward.
- My freelance business – I want to get it up and running, full time. I am hoping to make $2,000 a month by June. I think it’s impossible for me to work full time in a office work environment with my poor mental health at times & migraines. Writing is by far my dream job and I’d love to be able to make a living from the fruits of my labor. I don’t think I’ve every been so excited or motivated.
This brings me to my next goal:
- Mental health – when I have good days I get so much done, Other days not so much. You’d think mania days were productive but in my case you’d be wrong. I successfully start about 4-5 things and never finish them. Yeah, I need to make improvements.
- Healthy foods – I’m definitely going to start cooking and eating heather foods. At the end of 2019 I lost 25 pounds and feel great! I’d like to lose about 20 more which would put me at my goal weight again. I want to try foods I’ve never thought about trying before and sometimes forcing myself to like them.
- Running/Walking – this category & I have history which is also a love hate one. I use to run 6 miles everyday then after the half marathon (I didn’t train for – I know!) I hurt my knee so I dropped off (hints the weight gain). I’ve already signed up for a 5k, 10k (starting slow), and a challenging.
- 1000 Mile Challenging – yes, you read it right. It’s to help raise money for charities. I have all year to do the 1000 miles but I’m hoping to knock them out by July. I’m so impatient.
- Read more books – I’d like to start reading again, I’d like to read a book a month. We will see how that goes.
Wow, that’s more goals than I thought I had..
What’s the biggest goal you wish to accomplish this year?